E-Learning at SAU 16
SAU 16 uses an e-learning environment tool called Moodle. Moodle is a user-friendly development tool that enables teachers to put class information online without needing complicated webmaster skills. The Moodle environment provides students a secure and safe environment to discuss and explore school related subjects. Only the staff and students have access to our e-learning sites.
Moodle can be used to create entire courses online or to complement a classroom-based course. Courses are available from any PC that has internet access. It has several features available:
- provide course content including text, images, video and audio
- class calendars
- communication tools: class-specific discussion groups, chat sessions, blogs and wikis
- evaluation tools - quizzes and self tests
- ability to link to other web resources
- student activity tracking
- student e-portfolios
Teachers can pick and choose the above tools to tailor an online course to their specific needs. They can enroll students for each year and build upon the courses as time goes on.